Saturday, August 24, 2013

Family Night at the Fair


I have fond memories of going to the fair two years ago with Matt and Kylee.  I remember the excitement and the happiness that I felt to be there with two people I was growing to love.  And I remember the things I didn't mention in my post from two years ago that made that night even more special.  Like the butterflies I felt in my stomach as Matt kissed me on the ferris wheel.  And how sweet Kylee called out for the first time that she loved me as we parted ways that evening. And the grin that I couldn't wipe from me face a few days later when I noticed that Matt had posted the picture of the three of us on the ferris wheel as his facebook profile picture.

Where it might be next to impossible to top the way I felt on that 2011 fair trip, we still had an awesome time this year as we went on ride after ride and ate fair food to our hearts' content.  Kylee was big enough this year to go on most of the kids rides on her own (you have to be 42" tall), but Matt and I still got to enjoy a few rides with her as well.
I love this picture because it looks like Matt is riding on his own... Kylee isn't tall enough to see over the top!


I think Kylee's favorite "ride" was the slide.  She went down it probably 4 times, and would have gone even more if we hadn't run out of tickets.  We decided next year that we should just get her a wristband and let her go down the slide all night!
And of course, you can't go to the fair without visiting the petting zoo!


Love the tongue!

No comments:

Post a Comment