Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Scrumptious Salads

With the warmer weather we've been having (and the fact that Brandee wants me to get 5 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit every day this week), we've been trying some new salad recipes.

First, I loosely followed a recipe for a Barbecue Chicken Cobb salad from Our Best Bites with their homemade Blue Cheese Salad Dressing.  We actually broiled the chicken with some BBQ sauce on top for 12 minutes on each side.  The chicken was so moist and delicious!  We decided broiling is the way to go for meat!  Oh, and we also decided homemade salad dressing is almost always better than store bought :-)

The other salad we tried recently that we both really liked was this Summer Layered Chicken Salad.  I love anything sweet, so the strawberries made this salad for me!

I have plenty more salads on my pinterest board... looking forward to more new salad recipes of the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment