Saturday, April 27, 2013

Salad and Shootguns

For years I have enjoyed listening to my friends talk about the cute things their kids have said.  I think one of my favorites was when my friend Jami told me how when at church, her youngest son whispered, "Jesus' blood tastes a lot like grape juice."  Haha, I still laugh every time I think about that.  Another one of my favorites was one my brother-in-law TJ posted on facebook that my niece was describing a flower pot to her neighbors and told them her parents let her grow her very own pot.

I don't have a funny Kylee story to share, per se, but I did want to record a couple things that she's been saying or doing lately.  Matt got her a pink toy shotgun (her friend Katie had one and Kylee loved it).  Kylee calls it her "shootgun".  I love when she asks me, "Mommy, do you know where my shootgun is?"

I've always had Kylee eat whatever I made for our family for dinner - no special meals here... but for some reason I never gave her any salad.  I've been starting to have her try salad every once in a while now, and even though she might complain a little (as she seems to do with a lot of things before trying them) I think she actually likes it okay.  But what I love now is that any lettuce or spinach is "salad".  For example, a few weeks ago I was trying to get in 5 servings of vegetables a day.  That can be harder than it sounds!  In order to jump start my day, I added a serving of spinach to a fruit smoothie.  Kylee informed me she wanted her smoothie "without salad".

Finally, just thought I'd post a picture of some of Kylee's writing.  She still struggles with some of her letters, but I showed her how to write "MOMMY" and "DADDY" last week and she still remembered when she was "practicing her letters" this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment