Saturday, February 16, 2013

Be Mine

We had such a lovely Valentine's Day this year.  Well, actually couple of days!  Since we only have Kylee half of the week, we sometimes need to celebrate holidays on more than one day!

We started off the week with making Valentines for the party Kylee would be going to at my mom's house.  Kylee separated out the Starbursts into 10 piles, careful to give each pile the same number of each color of Starburst.  She also filled the little bags with the Starbursts, helped hole punch each card, and string the twine through the hole.  But the part I loved the most was that Kylee signed the back of each Valentine!  She is just starting to write her name... she thinks she needs help with the letter "K" (I think we have a good project for this next week!), so I put dots on the paper for her to trace, but she did the rest of the letters on her own.    Matt and I were proud parents :-)

When I got home from work Wednesday, Matt and Kylee presented me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  I love love LOVE fresh flowers, and these were perfect to brighten my day and make me feel loved.  On Valentine's Day, Matt and I shared a lovely dinner of salad, homemade macaroni and cheese (Matt's favorite food) and Gino's melt-in-your-mouth chocolate mousse for dessert.  We ended the day by cuddling on the couch watching The Office!  Perfect end to a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment