Sunday, August 19, 2012

Big Hits

During one of our shopping trips in Sun Valley with my college roomies last month, we came across the cutest little toy store.  I fell in love with so many things, but narrowed it down to just two that I picked up for Kylee.  And let me tell you, they have both been big hits at our house.  They are both by eeBoo (a company I hadn't heard of before, but will now seek out since I love their products!)


The first is the game Go Fish.  The cards are cute in the shape of a fish, the colors are bright and fun, and Kylee loves playing and getting matches.  This is a fun family game and perfect for Kylee - she already knew her colors, but this would be a good game for a kid trying to learn their colors (we don't use the names of the colors on the cards - we just say "dark green" or "brown" instead of the fancy names they really used).


"Tell Me a Story" is a set of cards with pictures on it - they are creative story cards.  We let Kylee pick 3 or 4 cards, and then we make up a story based off the cards.  This is a fun way to mix up bed time stories.  I especially love when Matt tells the story because it is fun to hear what kind of a story line he comes up with.  Plus his characters all have different voices and that totally makes me smile :-)  We went with the fairytale mix-ups, but there are lots of other "themes" for these story cards.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Thanks for posting this. I will have to check out the "Tell Me A Story" cards. That sound awesome. And the Go Fish game looks adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete