Sunday, August 19, 2012

Swimming Lessons


Kylee LOVES the pool.  I was really hoping to put her in swimming lessons this summer, but I don't have a way to consistently transport her since I work during the day.  Her mom had arranged to put her in swimming lessons for a couple weeks in July and take care of the transportation, but that fell through so Kylee and I came up with our own plan.  My friend Jen offered her pool (thanks Bradley family!!!) so every Tuesday night I give Kylee  her own private "swimming lessons".  We only stay for 25-30 minutes, but Kylee has made great progress.  Here are some of the things Kylee has learned so far over the last few weeks:
  • Jump into the pool - she jumps into the pool toward my arms with no fear... she often tells me to scoot back a little bit because I am too close.
  • Hold her breath under water
  • Blow bubbles in the water
  • Float on her back - she is amazing at this.  I'm really impressed with how long she can float.
  • Hold onto the edge of the pool and kick - she's still working on keeping her legs straight as she kicks instead of making 90 degree angles at her knees!
  • Lay on the kick board with her arms out in front of her, kicking her legs behind her, and putting her face in the water (bringing it up when she needs air and then putting it back in the water again)
I can tell that she's going to be quite the little fish.  She's a natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment