Sunday, August 5, 2012

London is calling my name

My sister Mandi texted me this week asking if I was okay... you see, she gets worried that something is wrong when I don't blog :-)  I assured her everything was okay, but that I had been distracted by the Olympics!  I've honestly been doing the bare minimum the last week or so to get maximum viewing time.  I mean, who wouldn't want to sit for hours on end watching swimming, synchronized diving, gymnastics, beach volleyball, cycling, track and field events, etc, etc, etc.???  I am amazed by the speed, endurance, and precision of our athletes and am cheering them on from Boise, Idaho (secretly wishing I was in London watching live - reminds me of volunteering at Soldier Hollow during the Salt Lake Winter Olympics).  Way to go USA... if I didn't need to be getting ready for church, I would be warming up my couch cushion for another round of pride-filled tv watching!

So don't you worry... I've got a few blog posts up my sleeve.  Maybe I'll even take a long enough break from watching the Olympics to get in another post or two.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment