Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Summer Harvest

We love having a garden. We currently have just three garden boxes, and one is completely full of strawberry plants. We had abundant berries in late spring and early summer. We picked bowls of small, sweet strawberries about every other day and ate them as a snack, with lunch, with dinner, whenever!

Our tomatoes are coming on now. Man, I love fresh garden tomatoes. Kylee likes the sweet cherry tomatoes :-)


We also had the opportunity to go to a friend's house to pick raspberries. My friend and I did most of the picking while Kylee and Tyler played in the backyard, but that was fine with me :-)


We got quite the haul of berries, and then my friend gave us some additional berries that they had picked and frozen. Kylee and I took the opportunity to make a couple batches of raspberry jam. It was her first time making jam and we had a lot of fun... and now we are enjoying eating the jam on bread or toast :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment