Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Dear Tyler - [8 Months]

Dear Tyler,

I can't believe how big you are getting! Look at how well you sit! You have gotten stronger this last month, and if you start to tip over (from leaning over too far), you usually catch yourself and push yourself back up. You still have no interest in trying to crawl, but can get pretty much anywhere you want with rolling.

You like sitting out front and watching cars drive by. You also think feet are pretty cool and will put anything you can get your hands on in your mouth (but still no teeth yet!).

Speaking of your mouth, you are loving biting your lower lip. This is how we often find you these days.

You still love food, although you wouldn't eat anything other than a bottle for about a week after your surgery. This last month you tried bananas, squash, apples, and pears, and you've started eating some of the foods straight from the container (instead of only mixed with rice cereal). You are also starting to nap better - hallelujah! You give me at least one "longer" nap a day of around an hour (or more if I'm lucky!). And you have started sleeping through the night, or at least until around 5am. Thanks Tyler!

I wanted to tell you about a couple sweet things you are doing these days. You have started to get a little "shy" around other people. When I am holding you and and someone comes up to say hello, I tell you to show them your smiles. You are usually pretty good at giving a little smile as you almost immediately snuggle your head into me. You also LOVE playing with hair. Since you don't suck your thumb or take a pacifier, I think it is what makes you feel safe and calm. My hair is your favorite - you are almost always petting it or pulling it or running your fingers through it. If you can't find my hair (sometimes I have to pull it back so you stop pulling it out!), you will run your fingers through your hair. You especially do this when you are tired.

You had a couple "firsts" this month. Over the 4th of July you had your first experience camping. The first night was a little rough, but the second night camping was definitely better. You especially liked the walk to the pond.

You also went to the zoo for the first time. The butterflies were your favorite! You really wanted to touch them (who wouldn't?) so I had to hold you back :-)

We love listening to your giggle. It is one of the happiest sounds I have ever heard. For some reason, you really think the word "smooshy" is funny!



Thank you for being so sweet and mellow and pretty close to perfect. I love you tons.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment