Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Family Day 2014

Mandi's family moved back to Boise (Meridian) the end of June, and with Beki and Bryce here this summer for an internship, that means my entire family is together in one town. Wahoo! My mom is especially loving it. It will be short-lived with Beki and Bryce headed back to Rexburg next month, but we are enjoying it while we can.

With Matt and TJ both having "weird" work schedules, with my dad being super busy at work these days, and with previously planned vacations/family reunions, it was tricky finding a time that would work for everyone, but my mom, dad, and Bryce all took time off work and we were able to make it happen. Last Tuesday was the day! We actually started with dinner and swimming Monday evening. Then we all met up at my parents' house on Tuesday morning for breakfast, followed by the zoo and a picnic in the park.






I loved walking around the zoo with my family, and it was fun taking Tyler to the zoo for his first time. He did really well. He didn't seem overly interested in the animals, but he sure was fascinated by the butterflies!

After our picnic, we went home for a couple hours to relax and take naps, then we headed back out for some more fun. My mom and dad gave each of the kiddos some money to buys something at Toys R Us. Kylee went straight for the Friends Legos (she is loving those these days!) and Tyler got some hot wheels. After shopping, we did a little bowling next door at Big Al's. I was pretty happy with my score (I think it was 121)!

Mandi had requested that we not put our shoes back when we were done bowling so we could all get a picture. Some of us forgot, so this is what we ended up with :-)

We ended our "Family Day" at our house with homemade tacos for dinner. Then the boys all went gun shopping, the kids all played in the play room, and my sisters and I watched the Bachelorette :-) So glad we could all get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment