Friday, June 21, 2013

First Day of Summer


I took a vacation day today since I was maxed out on my vacation at work, and have had the most lovely morning spending time with my two favorite people!  About a month ago, Matt built us some beautiful raised garden beds, but we never bought dirt.  I had gotten several starter plants from a co-worker who has a greenhouse, and they have lived in our windowsills for several weeks, but they were outgrowing the small containers.

This morning we (I) decided that we just needed to bite the bullet and go buy some dirt (we'd been putting it off since the dirt I wanted was close to $100 a bed).  Since it's so late in the year, we decided to just fill one bed and plant the few plants we had.  Kylee loved helping by breaking up the dirt, digging the holes for the plants, and watering them once they were in the ground.  It might be September before we get tomatoes, but at least that's something!


No comments:

Post a Comment