Sunday, June 23, 2013

Another Year Older!

My birthday weekend has been awesome!  Matt had to work yesterday, so we started celebrating a little early on Friday evening.  Sunny's family came into town for the weekend because Steve was running a race, and I was excited to have our first official "guests" stay in our home.  We had a BBQ with them and Corinne's family on Friday, and I got to open a couple presents.  I was super excited when I opened Matt's gift - it was a Silhouette Cameo!  Sweet!  It will cut paper, fabric, vinyl, etc. and I can't wait to start playing with it.  I'm already making a list of things in my head I want to use it for :-)

My day yesterday couldn't have started off any better.  Knowing that Matt was going to be working on my birthday, I had signed up to run Color Me Rad.  What I didn't know is that we would have Kylee, since we don't typically have her on Saturdays.  I had bought Kylee some cute running clothes/shoes a couple months ago and have "practiced" running with Kylee a little bit, but I wasn't sure that she would actually be able to do a race yet, let alone a 5k!  I showed her a video of the race and she seemed pretty excited to try it, so we decided to give it a shot.  And she did AWESOME!  I was seriously so proud of her.  She didn't complain at all.  She ran quite a bit of the course and walked for a bit when she was "out of breath".  I was lucky to have run the race with Brandee's family, and Matt so graciously let Kylee jump into the stroller for a couple stretches of the course. 
Photo compliments of KBOI2.com
Kylee absolutely loved getting the color tossed on her, and had fun throwing color at people at the end when she was given a couple color packets.  I am thinking we need to make this an annual tradition!
All clean before the race
Post-race photo
After getting cleaned up, I enjoyed a lovely lunch with Sunny and Corinne at Costa Vida (where else?).  It was great catching up with my college roomies.

All in all, it was a lovely day.  Looking forward to dessert (and more presents!) with my fam tonight.  A happy birthday weekend to me indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the cutting tool club, I have a cricut, but heard nothing but good things on the cameo. Pinterest has all kinds of cute projects and tutorials just for the cameo. Happy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the race pictures on Facebook, but didn't think about the fact that Kylee must have ran the race too. Way to go Kylee!

    ReplyDelete