Sunday, July 8, 2012

Camping at Clear Creek

Matt was working all weekend, so I jumped at the chance to join the Bradley family for camping at Clear Creek, just south of Cascade, ID.  Jen has talked about Clear Creek many times since I met her, so I was excited to see this camping spot where she has such fond memories of camping with her family.

Typically camping is a ton of work to prep for, but this time is was super easy for me... since I was just a tag along, all I had to bring were my personal items, a blanket, and a camp chair!

Most of the Bradleys had been up camping since Wednesday, but I rode up Friday after work with Brooke.  When we arrived, camp was all set up and dinner was ready for us to eat :-) Mmmmm, I love me some dutch oven food.

I took a quick evening 4-wheeler ride with Jen.  I can see why she loves Clear Creek.  The majesty of the mountains, the literal "clear creek" meandering near the road, the perfect 4-wheeling trails, the large campsites right along the creek, the gigantic trees offering the perfect shade on a hot day...


The girls all slept in the trailer with the boys in the tent, and boy did we sleep - nobody got up until 10:30!  In all fairness, I did lay in bed reading for a bit before getting up, but it sure was nice to sleep in!!!


Joe made us breakfast - bacon, eggs, hash browns, and chocolate chip pancakes, then we were off for the first 4-wheeler ride of the day.  After a couple hour ride, we spent time relaxing, reading, took a quick drive to town, read some more, made dinner, then took off for another 4-wheeling adventure.  Rough day, huh!?!  That's what I love about camping.  No schedule.  No pressures.

On our way back from our evening ride, we ran across these cows who were fighting along the edge of the road.  Not sure what they were fighting about, but they didn't look like they were planning on resolving their issues any time soon.  We finally drove around them and let them continue their head butting.  I had to take a video... we were so close we felt like we should have been with National Geographic!


We ended the evening with sitting around the fire, eating dutch oven chocolate cake, reading, roasting marshmallows with rolos, roasting strawberries with marshmallow cream, etc.  Thanks Bradley family for letting me tag along... I sure had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment