Monday, February 20, 2012

First "Family" Vacation

Last year I joined Mandy and family for their annual President's Day weekend Garden Valley getaway.  When we were leaving the cabin, I was invited back for this year along with "whoever I was dating at the time".  I laughed at the thought.  Did she really think I would be dating someone this February?  Who would have thought that I would be married before this trip!?  I remember when Matt and I were dating, and Mandy was confident we would be getting married, she made the request that we be married before February 17th so Matt and I could share a room at the cabin :-)  Anyway, we had a fun-filled weekend.

We went sledding down a hill off the back porch of our cabin, 

(Cooper on the sled hill)

tubing at the tubing hill, 

Kylee had a BLAST!!!  Her squeals of delight were the highlight of my weekend.

made homemade pizzas and ate lots of other yummy food,

Cooper, Gianna, and Kylee
Robert showing off his skills

went swimming in the geothermal pool,

played games, chatted, watched movies, played with the Kinect, read books, and just lounged around the cabin.  Thanks Mike & Mandy for letting us join you again this year!!

1 comment: