Saturday, September 9, 2017

Steam Locomotive and Rooster Tail

Sunday, April 23rd was a fun day for my family (well, at least for the kids and me - Matt had to work). After church, we packed up and headed out to see some fun sights! We first stopped at the Boise Train Depot to see the Living Legend - the historic steam locomotive. It was neat to see this piece of history!

After checking out the steam engine, we headed up to Lucky Peak to see the rooster tail. It has been a long time since I've seen the rooster tail (I'm thinking I saw it when I was a kid? and maybe just from the car?), and my kids had never seen it. After a quick picnic at the park, we were able to walk down the greenbelt to right near the rooster tail, and even feel the mist from the water. It was cooler than I thought it was going to be, and definitely an afternoon well spent.




No comments:

Post a Comment