Friday, June 10, 2016

#31 A Cemetery


101 Places You Gotta See Before You're 12
#31 A Cemetery

05/30/2016
Boise, Idaho - Dry Creek Cemetery
Mom, Kylee, Tyler, Bradley

On Memorial Day, I took the kiddos up to Dry Creek Cemetery to visit the graves of my Great Grandma and Grandpa Rich. Kylee filled the vase with water and they tenderly added their flowers to the beautiful flowers that already decorated the grave site.

I have such fond memories of Grandma and Grandpa growing up. I shared with them a few tidbits: When I was little, Grandma and Grandpa lived across the street from Meridian High School, just w few houses down from the guy who always had a ton of firewood for sale. It seemed like Grandma always had a treat when we visited - some kind of candy or even homemade peanut brittle for us. My favorite was playing out back. I loved eating grapes right off the vines - they had seeds, but I didn't mind. I also loved when we got to help harvest the potatoes. What kid wouldn't like digging in the dirt? Another one of my favorite things was sitting on the metal rocking chairs out under the carport.


No comments:

Post a Comment