Thursday, November 5, 2015

Pumpkin Patch... Times Two!

Can I just say how much I love fall!?! One of the things I love is pumpkin. I love pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bars, carving pumpkins, baking pumpkin seeds, etc. I also have a more recent love of picking pumpkins from a pumpkin patch!

This year, I was able to go to two different pumpkin patches. The first one I went to was with Tyler, Bradley (not even a week old!), my parents, BJ, and Beki's family. It was at a local fire station - the firemen had grown pumpkins back behind their station and held a fun event to raise money for the Fallen Firefighters Foundation. In addition to lots of pumpkins to pick from, they had a straw bail maze, a bounce house, a Boise State fire truck, and yummy treats.  




They also gave the kids free firemen hats and let them check out the fire engines. Tyler thought that was pretty cool!



A couple weeks before Halloween, we went to a pumpkin patch at The Berry Ranch as a family. We had so much fun taking a hay ride out to the huge pumpkin patch and selecting our pumpkins. There was a flat rate based on age - the stipulation was you had to be able to carry your own pumpkin. The kids had a blast, and so did Matt and I. We decided that would be our new family tradition!


No comments:

Post a Comment