Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Kylee is SIX!


Kylee is six! I sure love this sweet, happy little girl. Kylee loves watching Netflix, playing with legos and making Tyler laugh. She is thriving in kindergarten and thinks her dad is the coolest person ever. If I would let her, Kylee would have a friend over to play every single day. She is one social butterfly! Kylee asks me to make her a grilled cheese sandwich every day for lunch and wants to be a chef when she gets older. She is currently in gymnastics and is starting to enjoy that more. Her mom is giving her weekly piano lessons and I am giving her weekly cooking lessons! With the exception of when it's time to do chores, Kylee almost always has a positive attitude and an easy smile. Her giggle is contagious and lately wants to pose in pictures. Whenever she is in her play room, Kylee is listening to music. She LOVES music, and by far knows the words to more songs currently on the radio than I do. Kylee is a people pleaser and gets sad when we are disappointed with her words or actions (which doesn't happen very often - we are quite lucky!) She really enjoys weekly family home evening and is always eager to participate. I am so proud of Kylee and the decisions she is making and the girl she is becoming. And I can't believe she is six!

On Sunday we had a small party for Kylee and Tyler with family and a couple close friends. The "build your own" cupcake bar was a success. I love how both Matt and I have family here in town and that we can get together often. We felt so loved to have so much support on this special day! Kylee and Tyler were definitely spoiled.



We went out to breakfast this morning for Kylee's birthday. I let her pick the restaurant, and it was no surprise she picked iHop. Pancakes are her favorite breakfast food. In fact, she finished her entire plate of five dollar-sized pancakes so I ordered her another pancake on the side!

Tyler, on the other hand, didn't care too much for breakfast and instead busied himself by making a mess with the sugar packets. Surprise, surprise!


I was excited to be able to volunteer in Kylee's class today. Since it was her birthday she got to bring in snacks for her entire class. Kylee's mom and I collaborated to make something extra special. I think her snacks turned out quite cute!

One final picture, just because I have been chuckling about it for three days now. A couple weeks ago for Family Home Evening we talked about being thankful and made a "thankful tree". Each day, we write something we are thankful for on a "leaf" and add it to the tree. We are having Kylee sound out her own words, and she usually does really well. Sunday's thankful leaf, however, was an extra special gem. She asked me, "Mom, does this spell 'birthday party'?" Ummm, close! :-) Haha. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment