Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dear Tyler - [7 Months]

Dear Tyler,

I feel like the luckiest mom in the world every time I look at your sweet smiley face. I can't help but be happy each time I cuddle you in my arms. You make the sweetest talking sounds - coos, squeals, and jabber. I'm trying to teach you how to say mama, but each time I try you just look at me and smile :-) Speaking of smiling, your sister can make you smile more than anyone else. You light up each time you see her, especially when she gets really close and excitedly says, "Tyler man!" You have started to get a little bit of an attitude, though, when you feel like you've been ignored too long (usually just when you're tired). You will scream and arch your back and cry crocodile tears, but I can usually get you to fall asleep pretty quickly by pulling a blanket up around you and singing you a song (usually the Quartermaster Store song). You still hardly ever take longer than a 30 minute nap, but there have been a handful of nights where you've slept the entire night without waking up - way to go!


You are rolling all over the place these days. You especially like to roll to your right, and if I lay you down, I know you won't stay in one place too long. We call you our little roly poly. You think it's pretty funny to roll from one end of the room to the other but get pretty frustrated when you bump up against a wall! You are also getting so much better at sitting up. You can sit for longer periods of time on your own, but I am always near by for when you decide to lean over.

You absolutely love eating. I love how your whole body shakes with excitement when I put you in the high chair. Over the last month you've tried rice cereal, carrots, green beans, and prunes. You don't like your fruits and vegetables plain (see the first video below), but think they are pretty yummy when mixed with milk or rice cereal (see the second video below filmed literally one minute after the first video).



You've also tried apple juice (mixed with a lot of water!) - you thought that was okay, but you mostly wanted to play with the sippy cup. I stopped pumping milk the end of May and am just about out of the freezer stockpile - I can't believe how fast it has gone, but I guess that's what happens now that you're eating 6-7 ounces of milk each meal. You are growing and growing and are now about 14.5 pounds. We've started putting you in 6-9 month clothes (you are too tall for the 3-6 month clothes!) and you are still in a size 2 diaper.

You still love being outside. When you're feeling sad, I will often take you out front and sit you on the grass. You almost immediately get happy as you play with the grass and watch the cars drive by. You're starting to do better in the stroller, but I think that's because we've transitioned you from being in your carseat to sitting in the actual stroller facing forward. You like this much better - I think you just like looking around at everything.

You had your second haircut this month - that's two haircuts before you were even seven months old! Your hair was already half way down your ear again, so it was definitely needed. I think you're looking as handsome as ever.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment