Friday, April 18, 2014

Holzgraf Family Reunion


This past weekend we traveled to Rexburg for as close to a family reunion as my mom's side of the family has ever had. My mom's sister Debbie raised her family of 9 kids in Huntington Beach, California and St. Louis, Missouri. Growing up in Boise, we didn't get to see them very often. My family did travel to California in 1988 (before Beki & BJ were even born!), and I saw some of them in 2005 at Uncle Steve's wedding, but besides my cousins Melissa and Katie who have lived in Idaho, I've hardly seen the rest of Debbie's family. When I heard that Debbie and Greg would be traveling to Rexburg on their way to Provo before heading out to Hong Kong as missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I decided my family needed to take a little road trip! Katie and Melissa and their families, along with Kristi all currently live in Rexburg, and McKay and his wife Kayla drove up from Provo and Nathan flew in from Texas. My Uncle Steve and his two girls flew in from Washington and my Aunt Kathy drove over from Washington as well. Add in my parents, Beki and Bryce, BJ and Rachel and my little family, and we've got 30 people gathered together for some good ol' family time!

We spent all day Saturday hanging out, and it was lovely. The kids had a blast playing together and especially loved coloring eggs and having an Easter egg hunt.

Can you guess what the adults did? We went shooting of course!




We also enjoyed a beautiful Easter dinner and the blessing of Katie's baby Jace. We didn't have a ton of time together, but I am thankful for the time we did have!

We were also lucky enough to spend some time with Matt's family who lives in Eastern Idaho. We saw both his sets of grandparents, along with aunts, uncles, and cousins. So in addition to my 26 family members, we saw 28 of Matt's extended family! One of my favorite parts was watching Kylee with her Great Grandpa Cornwall. He took her out to see his baby calves, and one even came right up to Kylee!


No comments:

Post a Comment