Thursday, January 30, 2014

Preschool, Puppets and Pedicures

I know I've blogged a lot about Tyler lately, but I've also been enjoying my extra time at home with Kylee! She is such a social butterfly, I was worried that she would miss her play time with other kids at my mom's and Matt's mom's house. To help with that, we've added one more day of preschool a week, so she's now going every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and she's loving it! We have her practice her letters or math almost daily at home. She knows all of her letters, can write them all, and knows the sounds they make, so we play little games by asking her to identify words that start with a certain letter (i.e. "tell me a word that starts with D") or we will tell her a word and ask her to tell us the letter that it starts with. She tried to sound out whole words. A couple weeks ago, she excitedly asked me to go into her playroom to see what she had written on her whiteboard.  She had written "PONE" (pony). She was thrilled with herself! Another example - the other day we were driving in the car, and she said, "Look mom, the birds are making a V" (as she pointed to the birds flying in the sky).

But it's not all work and no play at our house! I've set up weekly play dates with her friend Laura from church, and she has other friends over as I can schedule them with their parents. Kylee didn't have any friends over today, but we had a good time making puppets and doing pedicures! I painted Kylee's toenails and she painted mine! I sure love my sweet girl.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed by her PONE spelling! That seems so incredible for that age.

    ReplyDelete