Saturday, October 20, 2012

You've Been "Booed"



For our Young Womens activity a couple weeks ago, the girls wanted to make treats to drop off at people's houses.  I was in charge of the activity, and didn't want to do an ordinary treat, but instead teach the girls how to make something that maybe they weren't familiar with.  I remembered back to when I was growing up and how on a couple different occasions we made bundt pan popcorn wreaths... and not just Christmas wreaths!  I decided this was the perfect treat for us to make.  It's super simple and super fun.  Here's what you do:

  • Pop popcorn - we used an air popper to make our popcorn, but I'm guessing microwave popcorn would probably work too.
  • Use the same recipe you would use for rice krispie treats but substitute popcorn for the rice krispies... and also put food coloring in the marshmallow mixture before adding the popcorn.
  • Add holiday M&Ms as you are mixing the popcorn and marshmallow mixture.
  • Press the popcorn mixture into a greased bundt pan (just spray with cooking spray)... we used a smaller than normal bundt pan.
  • Decorate the wreath.  We just added extra M&Ms and a licorice bow, but you could add other cute things like spiders and eye balls :-)

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I looooove marshmallow popcorn. I've been making it all the time because it's so easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete