Sunday, May 27, 2012

My First Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a couple weeks ago, and it was a little extra special for me this year... because this year I was actually a mom :-)  It was pretty cool to have Matt tell me, "Happy First Mother's Day."  I am happy that I can be a mom to Kylee.  I do have to admit, I'm pretty lucky... Kylee is a pretty good kid.  I hope that when Matt and I are blessed with other kids in the future that they are as sweet and mild mannered as she is!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend much time with Matt or Kylee on Sunday since Matt had to work and Kylee was with her mom for the holiday, but I was blessed to be able to spend part of the day with my mom and my grandma.  They are both pretty amazing women.

Matt did get me the sweetest gift for Mother's Day... I had previously commented on this cool book that my sister Mandi had called 101 Places You Gotta See Before You're 12 Whenever Mandi and her family go to one of the places listed in the book, she blogs about it.  Well Matt remembered this and that's what he gave me for Mother's Day.  So thoughtful!  I see lots of fun family adventures in our future!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day! I'm glad Kylee is so mild mannered . . . . I can only imagine how nice that would be!! :) I hope you are able to do some of the things from the book. We also have fun looking through the book. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete