Sunday, May 20, 2012

Biggest Loser Challenge: Weeks 10 & 11

We are almost done with this year's Biggest Loser challenge.  I've been pretty good about doing the weekly challenges, but unfortunately I haven't been good as far as being all-around-healthy.  For example, on the weeks that I had a fitness challenge, I didn't eat that great.  Or the weeks that I had a nutrition challenge with no calorie limit, I know I ate more than I should have.  Needless to say, there are two weeks left of this challenge, and I'll be lucky if I lose 5 pounds in the 12 weeks... and that will be if I'm amazing over the next couple weeks!  Anyway,  here was this last week's challenge as well as next week's challenge.  And here's to two weeks of rock star eating and exercising!

Week 10 Challenge:
Eat 1100-1500 calories a day AND
Run/Walk 10 miles, Bike 10 miles, 10 miles on the elliptical, 500 push-ups, 500 reverse crunches, and 500 pop squats (over the course of the week).

Week 11 Challenge:
Consume 5 servings of vegetables a day,
Eat 1100-1500 calories a day AND
5,000 meters on the row machine, 300 floors on the stair master, 500 v-sits, 500 sit-ups on the ab machine, and 30 minutes cardio with heart rate at 85-95% max heart rate (for me that's 160-180 bpm).

So there we go.  I'll have to hit the gym several days to get this in (since almost all of this has to be done at the gym!).

Oh, one more thing... I thought I'd write this down here so I'm totally committed and can't back out.  I'm doing another half marathon.  Jen and I are going to sign up for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in Anaheim in January.  It actually sounds pretty cool - you run through the Disneyland Resort!  I know, I hate running, so why am I doing this?  Well, last year when Brandee made me run the Lake Lowell half, I really trained and I felt so good for running the entire race.  And last year at this time, I felt like I was in the best shape of my life.  I think it's because the running really makes a difference.  So here goes.  In 8 months from today, I will be running 13.1 miles.  And maybe, just maybe, since I'm going to start training right away, I might just run one this fall as a practice.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment