Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Wrap-Up

Looking through my pictures, I realized I missed posting about a few things Christmas... so here is a Christmas wrap-up post!

I love how my neighbor gifts turned out this year! My dad sliced the wood, my mom's friend Suzanne did the calligraphy, and I traced the calligraphy onto the wood and added the glitter and snowflakes :-) Kind of wishing I had made one for myself!

We watched lots of Christmas movies. I think the favorites were Santa Clause and Home Alone - two classics from when Matt and I were growing up :-)

 I did a little baking... brownie stuffed cookies for a cookie exchange and reindeer cupcakes for Kylee's class party. They both turned out pretty well if I do say so myself :-) The brownie cookies are a new favorite at my house! Matt and Kylee also added to the holiday treats by making chocolate covered pretzels... those didn't last very long so they are planning on making more this next week! Uh oh, I'd better figure out pretty quickly how to exercise some self control!



And finally, our Christmas card (and text insert)! I love my tradition of making these with my friend Mandy.

This has been an eventful year for our family and we feel so blessed.
Bradley joined our family on September 28th, and we are all in love. He is sweet and happy. He likes to stretch and grunt. He has a full head of dark hair (which we love!), is a great eater, and sleeps well in his crib.

Tyler (2) had a big year. He started walking, no longer takes a bottle, and sleeps in his “big boy bed”. He loves dancing when listening to music and singing songs with hand motions. Tyler thinks the world of his sister and wants to do everything she is doing (including playing with whatever toy she happens to be playing with). He is stubborn, throws fits when it is time to leave the park/grandma’s/nursery/etc, and refuses to eat if he doesn’t like the way the food looks… but he makes up for all of that when he is sweet, freely giving kisses and making us smile.

Kylee (7) finished kindergarten in the spring and is loving first grade! She continues to excel in school and especially loves to read. She still enjoys playing with Legos, listening to music, and wants to play with a friend every day after school. She will tell you she wants to be a police officer or a “cooker” (chef) when she grows up. Kylee played her first season of soccer this fall and loved it. She also lost her first tooth this fall, which was a pretty big deal for her!

I continue to work part time (from home) for Boise State as a project manager and am grateful for the flexibility my job allows. Matt started with the City of Boise this spring and is loving being a patrol officer. He already has some pretty interesting stories!

With Matt’s new job, he wasn’t really able to take time off, but we did manage to get in a few trips as a family this year. We went to McCall for the Winter Carnival, enjoyed a summer trip to Lagoon, spent the 4th of July in Inkom, and went camping in Garden Valley. We loved all of these little adventures.

Details of our trips, along with all our other family comings and goings can be found on our blog – kimberlyandmatt.blogspot.com.


Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment