Monday, January 26, 2015

Big Als = Big Smiles

A couple weekends ago, we were lucky enough to have Kylee on a Saturday. What was even better is that Matt didn't have to work. We decided to take advantage of the opportunity and headed out to Big Als to play some games. Kylee immediately asked if she could ride a car simulator game (the kind where you sit in the chair and your chair moves as your cars go around the track). Knowing that would make me sick, I kindly let Matt do the ride with Kylee :-) I know, I'm so nice! Anyway, while Matt and Kylee were doing this game, a Big Als employee walked up to me. He asked if we were military. When I told him no, he said, "Oh, I thought maybe you were because of the haircut," referring to Matt's recently cut hair. I told him he was in law enforcement, to which the employee responded, "Same thing. I'd like to offer your family any game in the entire arcade for free as a thank you." Wow! How cool is that!? He went on to say, "The most expensive thing in the arcade is the photo booth ($4) if that's something you guys would like to do." So when Matt and Kylee finished up, we headed over to the photo booth and took some fun pictures :-) The photo booth prompted us on what kind of faces and looks to do! I was so thankful for that small gesture of kindness by that employee. It made our day!

We had lots of fun playing other games and collecting tickets... and then Kylee went shopping with her tickets! She chose a stuffed snake and a lollipop and was one happy girl :-)

Kylee played with that snake nonstop for the next few days, including using it as a jump rope. Of course, the snake is cheap, and didn't hold up to being a jump rope. That gave me the chance to teach Kylee how to sew up a hole ;-) She did awesome and was so proud of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment