Sunday, February 16, 2014

Three Months!

Wow, has it been three months already? I thank my Father in Heaven each day for this beautiful blessing in my life. I love every minute of my time with my sweet baby. Here are a few highlights from the last month:

I think my favorite is that Tyler started smiling!

I mean, don't you just get happy looking at this little face?!

Tyler has also recently found his hands. Just within the last week he has started chewing on them when he gets hungry and today I caught him sucking his thumb. I told him we would have none of that! :-) I would rather him take a pacifier than suck his thumb because I figure that will be an easier habit to break in the future. The only problem is Tyler has a pretty bad gag reflex. He will just randomly make a gagging sound (which I hate!) and he often gags when trying to take his pacifier (which he won't take very often). I hope his gagging goes away with time! Here he is holding his own pacifier in his mouth.

I was totally impressed earlier this week when he picked up a toy all on his own! I was changing his diaper and he just reached over and grabbed it! I think it was on accident, but it was still pretty cool. This isn't the best picture because I was in a hurry to take it, but it's something! He was trying to chew on his toy! He has also started grabbing onto my hair when I'm holding him, and I am frequently untangling strands of my hair from his little hands. My hair seems to be falling out like crazy right now - I don't need any help from Tyler!

Tyler is definitely starting to get more interested in toys. He's finally big enough to sit in his bouncer seat and he will just fixate on one of the toys hanging from the bar. It's nice because this often keeps him entertained while I pump.

Speaking of pumping, if I need to pump in the middle of the night & Matt's not home, my little guy will go from sleepy to wide awake if I lay him down on his boppy. See what I mean?

I've started trying to lay him in his crib instead. As I've mentioned before, he refuses to sleep on his back (he'll wake up & cry any time I try), so I've been laying him on his stomach and he stays beautifully asleep. I am right there watching, of course, and wish I could just leave him like that because he's so comfy. Darn SIDS!

We are finally done with all of Tyler's "extra" appointments. The home health nurse and physical therapist are no longer making their weekly visits. The one down side to that is we haven't had Tyler weighed in a while. I'm guessing he's almost 9 1/2 pounds. He's still in his newborn diapers and most of his 0-3 month clothes are still quite roomy, but he's finally big enough to be carried in my Baby Bjorn, making my days much more productive (although I can't say I've been that productive lately since I've started back up at work part time & the Olympics are on!).

One final "first"... Tyler had his first day of church last Sunday! I think we were "technically" supposed to keep him home until March, but I'm going stir crazy being in the house all day and it was so nice for all four of us to be able to go to church together. Oh, and Tyler's first time of wearing shoes was at church last week! I look forward to Tyler's baby blessing day, which will be Sunday, March 9th if anyone would like to join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment