Thursday, October 16, 2014

Dear Tyler - [11 Months]


Dear Tyler,

Can I just tell you how much I love you? Your little personality has really started to show through more this last month. You are cuddly and curious and sweet and stubborn all at the same time.

You still love being outside, but now that you can crawl, you have some new favorite outdoor activities. You really enjoy playing with the rocks. You can spend forever picking them up and throwing them back down. Every once in a while you try to sneak a rock in your mouth. I keep telling you that's "yucky" but you don't seem to believe me.


You also think playing at the park is pretty cool, particularly crawling around on the play equipment and going down slides!





Bath time has changed pretty significantly this past month. You've always loved taking baths, but think baths are even cooler now that you can splash, crawl around, and play with bath toys. You kick and splash so much that I've decided I should start wearing a swimming suit when I bathe you! You get me soaked!

You are already quite good at making messes and will "empty" any kind of basket, bin, etc. that you can get your hands on. Uh oh. I think I'll have my hands full with you in the coming years. I think I'll just have to teach you how to clean up really early on!



You think that a bib is an unnecessary accessory and pull it off after only a few bites of lunch or dinner. This month you tried some new foods, including yogurt and custard, both of which you love. You've also started eating the cereal puffs, but only sometimes. We tried a couple other foods this month that had some "chunks" in them, and that just makes you gag. We'll keep trying, though, because you'll need to start eating more than smooth food soon enough! Speaking of which, you got your first tooth this last week! And let me tell you, it is sharp. But I think you already know that as you like to rub your tongue across it :-)

You think the word "no" is hilarious. You either don't know what "no" means yet, or you choose to ignore me, I'm not sure which! That reminds me, I need to find the outlet protectors, because you are getting quite curious about them. I think I'll make that my afternoon project!

One more month until you are one year old. I can hardly believe it!

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Those last two pictures are so cute I could cry! Can't wait to see that [not so] little boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that last picture is my favorite! Looking forward to seeing you and your not so little one too!

      Delete